Two posts by Kiaara that were lost in cyberspace for a while but have now been found :) Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My wordlist:

Mum giving these eucouraging smiles. (uppmuntrande)-
And tip it straight in. (stjälper)-
This will make your hair curl. (lockigt)-
Apricot Brandy it's got on the label. (etiketten)-
He is training to be a nursery nurse. (skolsköterska)-
His eyes are all wet and shining which they haven't been since Billy had meningitis. (meningit)- Wonders will never cease. (sluta)

The part in the book which takes me personality is: "Every young person wants to learn to drive" I think it's ture that almost young people wants to learn to drive because if you have a drivinglicence, then you get so much freedom.I look forward to when it's my own turn to take lessons and so on, but I have to wait for one more year..When I'm going to have a drivinglicence and my own car, then I'm going to drive a lot and feeling the freedom to could drive everywhere anytime.


I'm reading the book "Someone else's baby", the more you read the better is the book and I understand more now compare from the beginning.And it's more interesting.

My wordlist: -
It took five minutes if ou were five days overdue. (över tiden)-
I think you ought to have an abortion. (abort)-
It's nearly ten o'clock when Dr. Robinson calls us into his surgery. (mottagningsrum)- Examination room is next door. (undersökningsrum)- "
And then you're off on holiday leaving your mother to cope." (orka)-
Unfortunately I forget my handbag and I have to ring the bell which is typical me. (olyckligtvis)- He has these sudden bursts of generosity, my dad. (plötslig)-
Anyway in the middel of the invoices young Mr. Lawson wants me for letters. (fakturor)-
You're off on holiday in a fortnight. (fjorton dagar)-
In the canteen. (matsal)


The part in the book which takes me personally is: "Hallo, love, you all right?" Mum says."I've decided" I say. "I'm going to have it adopted."There's a long silece...

My opinion: When you tell somebody something like that, especielly your parents, and then it gets quiet I think that silence means that your decision is wrong even if they thought that you should take that decision from the beginning.This part reminds me of things that happened to me, although it was not about this subject, but the same reactions came from my parents and I hated that silence.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

I am glad you find the book more interesting now. From the beginning some books can be really confusing, but if you just keep reading, like you have, things are usually explained later on.

I can totally relate to that horrible silence when you have said something important. You describe it well in your post.