Locked in time Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chapter 16-19

Here is my wordlist:

The Cabin was being visited with some frequency.... (täthet/frekvens)

I stopped thinking about anything except the magnitude. (omfattning/ storhet)

Doing some quick mental arithmetic. (räkning)

Without a flood of moonlight to illuminate it. (belysa)

More time passed, and my panic gradually subsided. (avta/lugna sig)

She was already visualizing herself as the mistress of Shadow Grove. (någon som avser synen)

I detected a subtle alternation in the tone of her voice. (förändring)

Frightened out of my tears by the horrifying prospect. (tanke)

“It’s all right,” Sha had crooned, gathering me up in her arms. (nynnat)

Hauling myself stiffly to my feet. (styvt)

My quotes:

“Dave,” I interrupted, “I smell gasoline”.
“You smell what?” He regarded me with surprise.
“There’s nothing like that in here.”


I chose this part of the text because I thought this was going to happend before I even read it. I think Lisette in someway, cares about Nore after all. But she is to scared and self-absored to think about what will happend if she dosen’t take her family in the first place. She had the chance to shoot both Dave and Nore when they were outside of the cabin. But I think that Lisette was thinking of the consequences. If she had shoot Dave and Nore, it had been a clear proof that it wasn’t an accident. A fire, don’t have to be planned. It could be an accident as well.

“Are you okay?” An anxious voice asked me. “I got you in time? You didn’t get burned?”
Unable to speak, I managed to force open my eyes. Josie’s worried face hung suspended above me.


In this part of the text, Josie has saved Nore and Dave from the fire. Gabe gaved Josie the keys to the cabin before he and Lisette went away. I thought this scene was very touching. Both Josie and Gabe cares about Nore. But they are at the same time afraid of their mother. They don’t want to disappoint her. But despite this, they saved Nore from the fire. During the time that I was reading this book, I felt very sorry for Gabe and Josie. But when I started to approaching me to the end of the book, that feeling only became stronger. Especially at this scene.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Great! It is good to be able to guess and predict what is going to happen in the story. Then you are making use of your reading skills that we talked about in class.