Someons else's baby chapter 4-7 Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I really like the second part I mean chapter 4-7. Many things happened and she have many decision in front of her. This book is very interesting and I can´t stop reading it.

My word list:

-when she left people came from all over bearing gifts like the flipping magi. (sammanhang) (snabb)

-When we get to Bristol I'm half expecting this heavy lecture from Auntie Olivebut she gaves me a hug and says it's lovely to see me. (föreläsa)

-Wonders will never cease. (uppföra)

-Flowers written in the pattern too and a green candlewick bedspread and a pale green carpet. (mönster) ( hittar inte) (sängöverkast)

-I've got another appointment next week which is totally shonky but at least if you're pregnant it's free. (hittar inte)

-What about housing benefit?" I say all chrisp. "And income support?"(bostadsbyggare) (dra nytta av) (krispig) (inkomst)

-Remember the poem in school,"it says.(dikt, vers)

-Can I have a ride on your trike?"Kim pipes up next door.( hittar inte) ( hittar inte)

-What a relief. But it's early days yet, maybe they'll still twig I'm not entitled? (avlastning) (förstå) (berättigad)

-You still here, "I say all jokey though I'm miserable as anything inside. (trist, usel)

-She starts on about fraudulent statesments and that. (bedräglig, falsk)

-Except polluting the air. (hittar inte)

-She smiles apologetically, just the way mum smiles. (Hittar inte)


First I think I shouldn't be here, I don't belong in this place. But then I think I've got to stick up for myself like Kitty Madden does, get my rights.

In the begining she was very uncertain but now she began to thing more about herself. Her mother always do what her dad wants her to do, she never stood up for herself. The girl was very tired of that weakness her mother has. The mother like Billy more than the girl and tha mother failed her because Billy has something important. Then the girl told her opinion for the first time and I really like this parts when the characters go forward and grow as a person. You have to stand up for yourself no one will do that for you, you have to do it yourself.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

I totally agree that the most exciting part in any story is when the characters actually develop. They grow or change like people do in life too.

A couple of comments:

..she has many decisions to make..

cease = to stop (upphöra)Just check one letter in your translation of that word: uppFöra and uppHöra. That letter makes two different words :)

I am not 100% sure of the word "shonky" but I think it's slang for something that is bad or of poor quality. I think she means that she has an appointment that she is not too excited about. She doesn't want to go.

"Housing benefit" is something you can get from the social services. You get money for an apartment or a place to stay if you cannot support yourself.

A trike is a bike with three wheels = trehjuling in Swedish

"To pipe up" means to speak up, try to make yourself heard.

"Polluting" means that you destroy the fresh air somehow. Pollution = luftföroreningar

Apologetically comes from "apologize" = hon ler ursäktande, to apologize = att be om ursäkt