Someone Else's Baby Sunday, December 14, 2008

I have read the last chapters of the book. I think the book was very good and interesting and it gaves me understanding. I can understand how it could be in her situation. The book is an example how a young woman's life could be.

My wordlist:
- as if a wall of glass surrounded. (omgivet)
- Terry shrugged. (axelryckning)
- A week later her mother suggested. (föreslå)
- "Bit anaemic that's all." (blodfattig/bleksiktig)
- anybody had even mentioned the baby. (nämna/tala om)
- in any circumstances. (ekonomiska förhållanden)
- yellow on the trees, swallows gathering on the telephone wires. (sluka/svälja) (samling/sammankomst)
- A pretty naff performance. (föreställning)
- her father said impatiently. (ivrig)
- her voice was husky, creaky. (oförskämd) (knarra/gnissla)
- You've ruined my life. (sabotera)
- slowly and deliberately. (medvetet)
- live in your crappy old house. (skitig)
- And a bloody riddance. (---)
- Didn't wrinklies have rights too to do what they wanted. (---)
- Terry shivered. (rös)
- Parcels by my plate. (jordstycke)
- I'm some sort of flipping oracle. (klok person)
- I don't dare. (trotsa)
- A wild seagull shriek. (fiskmås) (skrik)
- I didn't reject you ever. (stöta bort/ta avstånd från)


She couldn't seem to find the words. And then suddenly she could.
"You spoil everything," she said. "You always have. You're a beast and a bully and you've taken my baby away and made me hate myself. You've ruined my life, that's what you've done. I hate you and I always will. You never liked me, did you? It was only Jon and Billy, little beasts and little bullies, you only ever liked boys. I was never good enough for you. Never. Nothing I did was right. The only good thing I ever did was have a baby. A beautiful baby. But you took my baby away, didn't you? You wouldn't let me keep her. My own baby. You took her away."


Terry regret her choice. She shouldn't leave her baby away, her own little baby. But her dad wouldn't like it and he said that the baby couldn't live in his house. Terry thought that it's her Dad's fault. She shouldn't listened to him,
she should fallow her own will - to keep the baby!
But then, when it's too late. Terry will find her baby. She went to the town and then she see a woman with a perambulator which she thinks she now. Terry took the baby and drove away. Then she discover that she had took the wrong baby..

In the journal Terry writes down: You are always in my thoughts Elizabeth.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Yes, the ending is quite emotional. I am glad you liked the book!


To swallow means "svälja", but it is also a type of bird, en svala. In this case they are referring to the bird

a riddance is something you get rid of = man blir av med något. Riddance = befrielse

wrinklies = I think wrinklies is slang for old people. Wrinkles = rynkor

A parcel is a wrapped gift, a present