Someone Else's Baby Sunday, December 7, 2008

Now I have read chapter 8-11.

- like the tentacles of an octopus. (känselspröt) (bläckfisk)
- He's all over bruises. (blåmärke)
- Les Barke says my aptitude is average. (genomsnitt)
- he hasn't got access and his wife got this injunction. (order/tillsägelse)
- Just routine. (rutin)
- all checked and prodding. (föremål)
- I say and I cringe with embarrassment. (besvär/penningknipa)
- this great splashing. (skval)
- Kitty's clutching. (gripa tag)
- with the trolley. (kundvagn)
- like it's possessed. (besatt)
- Not wrinkled at all. (rynkig)
- Mrs Hicks smiles encouragingly. (uppmntrante)
- He scowls. (rynka pannan)
- The pendulum swings. (klockpendel)
- His dungarees. (arbetskläder/överdragskläder)
- then we're both crying and scolding. (skäll/utskällning)
- Smells of cat and turpentine and cabbage. (terpentin) (hösäck)

"I've been looking for flats an my lunch hour. Flats round our way.
I've got a job, haven't I, and a bit saved? I suppose I can help our withmy own daughter?
We could get a little flat somewhere, just the two of usand the baby. If that's what you want."
"What about Dad?" I say.
"He'd be on his own, wouldn't he? Unless he comes around," she saysand her mouth goes into a thin line.
"Don't think he'd be on his own forlong, mind, a man like your father."
"You mean you want to leave Dad?"
"Course I don't want to leave him," she says.

This part shows that her mum wants the best for her daughter. That's why she wants to "leave" her husband and move into a flat with her pregnant daughter. She wants to help her daughter with the baby and make a good family. She loves her husband but she have to leave him for a while and spend a lot of time with her daughter.The daughter thinks that the future is uncertain.
I think that she will keep the baby. I don't think she wants to have the baby adopted.

I am anxious to read about the end..

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Excellent! You are ahead in your reading which gives you plenty of time to finish the book this week even.

Well chosen quote that is important in the story.

Just check:
she has to leave him for a while