Locked in time chapters 16-19

My wordlist:

-I gazed up at the globe of light above me and was disconcerted to realize...(förvirrad)

-I stopped thinking aboute anything expect the magnitude of the huge reservoir of material. (omfattningen)(reservoar)

-Doing some quick mental arithmetic. (räkning)

-two other names that Charlie Lacouture had neglected to mention. (inte brytt sig om)

-...and the vertebrae in my back seemed welded into place from having remained in one position for so many hours. (ryggkotor)(sammansvättsade)

-I opened the door and stepped out into the dew-drenched world of impending morning. (dagg genomdränkta)(hotande?, överhängda)

-I sat trembling in anticipation of a rap on my door. (föranade)

-an owl sat sleeping on a perch at the back of the room. (sittpinne)

-I have to demand that you cease your affair with my husband. (avslutar)

-I am not inclined to oblige you. (sinnad)(tillmötesgå)

-The disclosure might amuse me. (avslöjandet)

-I could intercept Dave´s car as it pulled through the gate. (stanna, genskjuta)

-as the hour of six became increasingly more imminent. (hotande?)


My quote:

" Time can be stayed, but it cannot be forced to run backward. I cannot offer youth as you knew it fifteen years ago. What I can offer is the chance for you to remain the age you are.
Are you actually telling me that if I were to take part in this heathen ritual I would never age a day pas thirty-five? I regarded her incredulously. What would you want for me in return-my immortal soul?"

This explains so much up untill this point. When you reed it, the pices are starting to fall into place. The book starts to make some sence. And that she is even mentioning the part about what she wants in return ( when she askes if she wants her immortal soul in return) it kind of shows that she might be that desperate. I think she might even tought to consider the possibility of giving up her soul for eternal youth. And it is a scary thought.

~Emma*

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Yeah, and that's a common theme in literature actually: whether you would give up your soul for eternal youth and beauty. An even more relevant question in our time, maybe?