locked in time chapter 6-10 Thursday, December 4, 2008

My wordlist:

Josie managed to drift surreptitiously back outside again.(I smyg)

And the moment I lay down on the bed, my mind started seething with questions about this family that my father´s marriage had made me an inadvertent part of. (oavsiktligt)


It had been a cry of very real anguish. (Starkt själsligt lidande)

In retrospect, I realize that the more I sifted through the sands of that strange conversation, the more the tiny grains of meaning slid away from me.(återblick)

I was startled to find that his eyes were waiting for mine.(upp skrämmd)

Keeping a deadpan expression, Gabe let one eyelid drop in…..(uttryckslös)

I think it´ll be lullaby time along about nine-thirty.(vag visa)


I would like to be able to say that my decision was altruistic and I was agreeing to sneak out that night just because of josie.


We close at twelve on week nights, the man at the register toil us as he accepted our admission fee. (entre avgift)

Are you crazy, Josie exclaimed indignantly.

He scanned the milling crowd.(myllrande)

League schools like to flaut their token minority students.

Don´t you think that was pretty presumptous of you??


I glanced surreptitously across at the young man next to me. ( I smyg)

We both said that at once, avoiding each other´s eyes in mutual embarrassment, and Dave left us the way he had come … ( gemensam)


"The fact is though, that with Nore robbins for the first time since all this started, we are involved with someone who has an uncanny awarness of time"

When you read this you kind of suspect that this awerness of time she is talking about might effect their future plan they maybe will have negativly.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Time is definitely an issue in the story. It looks like you are doing some good thinking here!

Altruistic means that you are doing something for someone else and not for your own benefit.

Indignant = upset

"flaunt their token minority students" = they like to brag about/show off the students that come from minority groups in society

If you are presumtuous you are kind of arrogant, full of yourself