Chapter 6-10 in "Locked in time".

My word list:

-it was nothing to compare with the heat that I was to grow accustomed to later in the summer. (van vid)

-Josie managed to drift surreptitiously back outside again. (i smyg)

-Josie stalked ahead of me with head thrust forward and shoulder set belligerently. (framstöt) (agressivt)

-you don´t know what sort of people might freguent an establishment like that. (?) (etablissemanget)

-once ensconced in my room, however, I found napping impossible. (förskansad)

-it had been a cry of very real anguish. (vånda)

-for a long time I stood immobile. (orörlig)

-we are involved with someone who has an uncanny awarness of time.(besynnerlig)

-the possibility that this feeling might be reciprocated was enough to make me both exhilarated and nervous. (besvarad)

-i felt dwarfed by the immensity of the trees on either side of me. (ställd i skuggan) (ofantligheten)



My quotes:

*Gabe´s arm slipped down and tightened around my shoulders, and I felt those electric currents run all the way through me. It was the beginning of a night that I would always remember. It was also, in certain ways, the beginning of the end. *

I chose this part because I think it´s really powerfull. She explaines how she fell about him as a person. But at the same time she kind of explains how it will end, considering that they are half-siblings.

*Gabe picked up an oar and pushed us away again. Then he seized the cord to the engine and gave it a vicious pull. The motor spraing into life with a sputtering roar. Gabe adjusted the throttle, and we began to chug out into the middle of the river. It wasn´t until we were a good hundred yards downstream that it occured to me to wonder why the boat contained no fishing gear.*

This part I picked because of the meaning it had to me as a reader. It answere some of my questions. When I read this part I just wanted to keep reading. I wanted to know were it would leed. I got really suspisous of Nore´s three new family members.

~Emma*

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Good thinking here! You pick interesting and relevant quotes that answer the questions you have.

"to frequent an establishment" means that you regularly visit a place, an establishment a prominent house or a company building