Locked in time 6-10

  • ...although it was nothing to compare with the heat that I was to grow accustomed to later in the summer. (vänja)
  • While Lisette and I put the food away and started lunch preparation, Josie managed to drift surreptitiously back outside again. (smyga)
  • Lunch is ready, I said, trying to ignore her hostility. (fientliga)
  • How marvelous! (fantastisk)
  • ...Josie´s aura of gloom had been displaced by her brighter side. (dysterhet)
  • ...we are involved with someone who ha an uncanny awareness of time. (kännedom)
  • ...and the possibility that this feeling might be reciprocated was enough to make me both exhilarated and nervous. (uppmuttrad)
  • As we approached the Teen Dance Machine, however, the atmosphere changed abruptly. (plötslig)
  • I tried to shriek out the words, but my voice had shrunken with terror, and the plea that emerged was no more than a strangled whimper. (försvar)
  • I don´t mean to imply that he totally stopped speaking. (påstå)
  • When I pressed him on the subject of his driver´s license,he was, at once, both vague and seemingly candid. (oklar,ärlig)
  • he would reappear around dinnertime,...(dyka upp)
  • I asked Josie, not attempting to conceal my hurt and bewilderment. (förvirring)
  • i asked him awkwardly. (osäker)
  • My son is very fond of you. (förtjust)
"In a sudden, startling display of unprovoked anger, he slammed his foot down on the accelerator, and the car leapt forward with a jolting burst of speed."

I´ve been through this and I can tell that it was so scary that I thought it was my lost minutes of live. I couldn't scream or react I even had a hard time breathing it felt like I got stiffened and thats why I choosed this part.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

You have chosen some important words/expressions in this part of the story.

Yeah, it's scary not being in control of the situation, like the one you described. I agree.