Locked in time

chapter 11-15.
my wordlist:

-I raked wildly at the water in a feverish attempt to claw my way with my bare fingernails. ("räfsade" "skrapade")(febrilt)

-sinking into the gummy sediment. (bottensattsen)

-chugging rapidly along like a squat. (hastigt)

-a complex that backed onto a lumberyard. (brädgård)

-we were greeted by the pungent aroma of newly cut wood. (skarpa, fräna)

-she´s like a walking encyclopedia when it comes to trivia. (småsaker)

-"I know," I said faintly. (vagt)

-Dave turned to stare across at me incredulously. (skeptiskt)

-Dad called out to me as I made a furtive attempt to slip past them. (flycktigt)

-Reluctantly I turned back. (motvilligt)

-What you did to poor little Josie was inexcusable. (oförlåtligt)

-Lisette´s seemingly sensless prejudice against Cajun people. (fördomsfull)

-It was not the sturdiest thing in the world with which to enter combat. (kraftigt, stadigt, robust)

-She was dressed in pink baby doll pajamas, and her skinny legs protruded from beneath them. (stack fram, stack ut)


My quote:

*When you get down, you´re to apologize to both Lisette and Josie.
"Over my dead body!" I retorted and was halfway up the stairs before I realized the significance of what I´d said. When I did, a shiver ran through me as if I´d suddenly been hit ny a blast of icy air.*

I chose this particular part because it kind of sums up what the book is about at this moment. Because she suspects that the Bergé´s is out uo get her and this explaines how she is feeling. So it plays a huge part in the book.

~Emma*

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Right. She definitely has the feeling that she could possibly get killed for knowing too much.