Locked in time

My wordlist 6-10

1) I came out onto the patio = uteplats
2) "All kids do that," Dave acknowledged = bekräftade
3) There was a noisy mass exodus = ?
4) That was pretty presumptuous = förmäten
5) In a sudden, startling display of unprovoked anger, he slammed his foot down on the accelerator = oprovocerad, gaspedal
6) I found myself developing a real fondness = förtjusning
7) I could think of no way to soften the harshness of the rejection = hårdheten
8) The show of casualness a bit too elaborate to be convncing = ? genomtänkt, utarbetad
9) All of us become more than casual acquaintances = bekant, vän
10) Seen in silhouette = silhuett kontur(bild) (som uppstår i kontrast mellan ljus och mörker)

My quote:

" You got us into this! You made the deal!" ... "At Shadow Grive, I'm the one who is in control of things!" ..."We can't go on like this. Maman!" ..."Nore Robbins is a danger...a stranger"
"In danger" Another voice rose, like an echo of Lisette's. "You and your father are both in terrible danger!"

I chose this quote because it made me think about what Nore's mum told her in her dream, I first thought that it was just a dream, but now it seems like she's right. I'm starting to wonder how Lisette's in control of everything in Shadow Grive. And I'm getting even more curious about what's going to happen after what Josie and Lisette were talking about.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

It's good that you are using your reading skills to try to guess or predict what is going to happen in the story!

A mass exodus means that everyone is leaving at the same time. The word comes from the Bible originally, meaning The Exodus from Egypt.

The show of casualness.. = the person is trying to look relaxed but it has all been planned and does not look natural. Elaborate = uttänkt, genomtänkt like you said.
Convincing = övertygande