locked in time
my word list

  • I know that statement sounds vain, but I hope it won´t be taken that way. (fåfängt)
  • I know that I´m not going to look this way indefinitely. ( oändligt)
  • I had meant to hold back-to act aloof and chilly-to left him know without doubt how absolutely furious I was. (hålla sig undan...rasande)
  • In the next instant, whatever small thing it was that had triggered such a reaction on my part...(ögonblick)
  • It´s nice to meet you, too, I said, trying to sound casual as i took the proffered hand. (otvungen)
  • Josie must be precocious thirteen-years-old, I thought with amusement... (munterhet)
  • One moment I was lucid and thinking rationally, and the next I had slipped across the line into dreaming.(klar i huvudet)
  • It did not occur to me than to take this dream-warning seriously. (ägt rum)
  • Such grief visions spattered my night with regularity.(sorg)
  • I knew instinctively that it was almost seven,the time Lisette had set for dinner. (omedvetet)
  • Hi! he said as he drew abreast of me. (vid sidan)
  • I´m back on the job again, Nore, he said with satisfaction. (belåtenhet)
  • Thats a laugh! Josie snored contemptuously. (hånfullt)

"Dad!" i exclaimed. "Oh daddy!"
I had meant to hold back-to act aloof and chilly-to let him know without doubt how absolutely furious I was. Instead my arms flew up to encircle his neck.
"Daddy!" I cried, as though I was five years old again and just home from kindergarten, bursting into his office to reassure myself that he had not vanished during my absence.
"Oh, daddy!" I´m so glad to see you!


I choose this quote because this kind of situation happens a lot to me and I´m sure that Iḿ not alone. It´s like something you cant control, you plan to act on a way but when you finally meet the person you act different.

by: gjulsha

1 comments:

Åsa said...

I understand what you mean in your comment! It's not always easy to carry out our carefully planned behaviour in all situations... and maybe that is a good thing?