A personal narrative from Seth's perspective Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In today's class we practised some collaborative writing: we wrote a personal narrative together. We focused on writing from Seth's perspective in the story On the Bridge. We did not have that much time, but we followed the structure of a personal narrative and this is our text:

That Night on the Bridge

I will never forget that night on the bridge when my best friend betrayed me. It all started because of a cigarette butt. Adam, my best friend, or so I thought, wanted to show off. He flicked a cigarette butt on the windshield of a car. All of a sudden the car came up behind us, and three guys got out. They seemed pissed off. They wanted to know who flicked the cigarette. Adam wanted to act “cool” and blamed it all on me. That’s why I was the one who was beaten up.

I was shocked. I couldn’t believe that Adam had pointed at me. I was so disappointed in him. I never thought he would go that far, and betray me like he did. I felt sorry for him because he obviously didn’t know any better. When the guys drove off I just turned around and walked away. But what Adam didn’t know was that I called the cops to blame it all on him.

Now two years later we are on speaking terms, but we are not friends like we used to be. I could never really trust Adam again after that night on the bridge.

0 comments