An Emotional Rush Like Never Before.

Everything started when I decided to enter the "Klippan Junior Tournament". I didn´t have very high expectations, because i had never gotten through to the finals in such a big competition before. But this time around something changed. Somehow I managed to play fairly good and made it through. I was very happy but at the same time, very nervous. The finals started at 1 pm and lasted for about 5 hours. During that time my emotions were all over the place. But in some way I managed to pull it together, and I won the hole tournament.

When mom, dad and I arrived at the bowling saloon in Klippan I didn´t know what to expect. I knew my competition, and I knew that it wouldn´t be easy. When the time came for the finals to start, my heart was beating very fast. We were 8 girls, all of us headding for the same goal. After the 1 round, only 6 of us would remain. I decided to take it all one step at a time. The 1 round was easy, and I secured my place into the next elimination round. Now 6 girls would become 4 and the bar had been raised. I got of to a good start, but as the final shot came closer. The 2 girls who were a bit behind, were catching up on me. When we were only a few pinns apart, my heart began to beat very fast. When it was time for the last shot I knew I had to spare. So I took a few deep breaths. I made the last shot and the final pin fell. The tention eased a bit, I made it by just a few pinns. I knew I had to step it up if I wanted to win. With only four girls remaining, it was time to play against eachother. One on one. Since I was in fourth place, I were to play against the leader. And the winner would get through to the final step of the finals. Josefin, the girl I was about to play against, was the same age as I was and I knew how good she was. So I thought to my self. " Play the best you can, but it doesn´t matter if you don´t win. She is more than a worthy aponent." I knew there was a chanse that I could beat her. But I didn´t know how big that chanse was. I would be happy to be in fourth place no matter what happend next. I was really really nervous when we started. I must have felt a little bit of everything in those 30 minutes. When I was in the lead I felt hopeful and happy. And when she was in the lead I felt pretty anxious. But I kept my cool and I won that lap. I knew, right then, that I would never forget how I felt when she said. "Congratulations, and you played very, very good." And then she smiled. Finaly it was time for the last step. And my aponent were Cajsa Wegner, a 10 year old girl with a real tallant for bowling. We were both very tiered and hungry, since we had been playing for about 4 and a half hours straight. I didn´t realy feel much of anything. I just focused on my game and did what I had to do to win.

Now, almost three months later, I realise how much that tournament meant to me and to my future. It was truly a life changing day. I proved to my self that I can play really good if I want to, and now my future within bowling looks very bright. I still remember how my dad almost screamed of excitment, when we knew that I was the winner. It was the best feeling ever. It was really an emotional rush like never before.

~Emma*

1 comments:

Åsa said...

My goodness. That is some achievement! Kudos to you for pulling it off :) Winning something that really matters to you is such a cool thing. I'm a very competitive person so I can relate to the emotional rush quite easily.

You build up the tension and anxiety really well in your story and the experience comes alive thanks to the details and the emotions you bring into it. Thanks for sharing and good luck in future tournaments.