My personal narrative... Monday, February 9, 2009

It all happened so fast and I couldn't follow the events. My dad and I never talked much to each other but now it is different because of the changes as happened in our lives. It all started with my parents divorce. I blamed it all on my dad everything was his fault I thought. Me and my brother moved with my mother to an apartment in Sofielund which was a huge misstake. I don't talked to my father at that time but after a while I phoned him and wanted to talk more to him. I was looking for some communication with him.

I was so shocked and I couldn't belive that all this happened. Now afterwards I really understood that this was the real truth. I was very confined in myself and I don't saw the good things in life. I think that I was looking for some explanations for why everything happened like that and I was not sure about the facts either. My mother met a new guy which felt okey but she dosen't cared about me and my brother any more. Thats why I said that it was a misstake to moved with her.

Now two years later I now all the facts from the both sides. Me and my mother are on speaking terms today. Iam very happy that this happened it maybe sounds strange but I am because I would never have this communication with my dad like I have today. You learn very much only to listen and to see all the misstages people do around you. Try to always see the positive in things that will help you very much.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

In some situations it is impossible to act if you don't have all the facts. You can only act on the information you do have and like you are saying, sometimes the picture is not clear to you at all. Sometimes parents also believe that they are protecting the child by not telling them everything that is going on. You are a very wise young girl indeed and from just observing people around you you can learn a lot - I agree. Thanks for sharing.

Your narrative is nicely structured and it is easy to follow. Just check a couple of verbs like: I didn't talk...I didn't see the good things..she didn't care.. to move with her..the mistakes people make..