My personal narrative Sunday, February 8, 2009

Klass 9A

I can't understand why they chose just my class, our class. There was so many ninthclasses in Malmoe and they chose us. It cames like a shock. Me and my classmates went to the lecture hall because two adults wanted to talk to us. We didn't know about what. All of the pupils looked at each other. One of the adult started to talk about a project which would be about the Swedish school and after that they asked us if we want to take part in the project. First we tought it was a joke, we thougt they wanted to see our reactions. Then we understood it was truth.

The project started at the autumn subsequently. We were act in a film every day, and sometimes they take photos of us. We got eight new teachers which teached us in a whole term. We were worried about our marks, we thougt they would sink. But after a time we knew that the teachers were very good and they makes us feel better and be more interested of the schoolwork. Me and my classmates struggle with homework because we wanted to achieve good results. The project wants to show that the teachers have a big responsibility. They can change the negative reputation of the school. It works!

The classmates came closer each other and it works really good. Sometimes I thought it was hard to have a camera behind me every day at school and sometimes at home. But at the end, I were used to. I really loved the eight teachters, they teached in a very good and professional way. It is a experience I never in my life will forget.

Now about two years later I think about the project "Klass 9A" and I miss that time. The teachers could laugh with us and we had fun in class. I miss my old class and the teachers really much!

2 comments

Åsa said...

Very interesting topic indeed! You are brave as usual to start, Nadja. I will comment on your text later.

Åsa said...

It's really interesting to read your thoughts on being part of a TV show like "9A". That's a special experience indeed. I can tell you that I watched it since it was interesting for me as a teacher, naturally. I totally undertstand that it brought you all closer together as a group since you were all working towards the same goal. Thanks for sharing your story!

Your narrative is well structured and it is easy to follow. Just make sure you keep all of the verbs in the past, like: it came as a shock...we acted..they took photos... who taught us..they made us feel.. we struggled..wanted to show..