The day that we never again would return Monday, February 9, 2009

Now, the time was in. It was now we would be separated and there was no return. I was nervous, but most of all, I was scared. I hadn't slept for the whole night, not a wink. I looked at the clock. It was already half past nine, in half an hour, I would be there. I started to walk against the direction that led me to the school. There was already full of people, they seemed to be glad. Ten o'clock the whole school was standing out in the schoolyard. The choir was in full swing and the voices of the choir poured out of the speakers. Now I was happy, it felt peaceful. Just like everything would be fine. But that feeling started to disappear around half past eleven. With heavy steps, me and my classmates went to the classroom that had been ours for the last four years. Our teatcher hold a "speech" to us. But unlike all the speeches I heard before, this one sounded a little bit different.
- I have just been your teacher for about two years. When I came here and the headmaster showed me what class I would take care of, I was worried. I didn't really knew how it would go. You were the "hateclass" by all the teachers in this school and they didn't talked good about you in the teachers room. So well, this class have been going up and down just like a roller coaster.
Well, thanks for that touching speech...or not? Was I right, was it a couple of students going in nith grade which would leave this school today? Then usually you use to talk about how nice it has been for all these years and how much you appreciated the time that you had together? I didn't get anything, not the other either. I saw how the pupils' parents looked perplexed at our teatcher. But there she was, just as happy for it. A strange mood moved around in the classroom. A teacher who we had since we went in the sixth grade went up to the teacher's desk to say something. It was our favorite teacher. She read out a poem, a poem about our class. It was beautiful. I could really feel how the tears wanted to come out and I was dry in the throat. The teacher was crying, she could barely read. Then she told us how much she would miss us and wished us good luck in the future. Another teacher, who we just had for one year also had a few things to say. His speech was beautiful, I and probably all of the others suddenly felt appreciated.
- I have just been with your class for one year, thats a very short time. I wish we could have some more time together. You have truly enriched my life.
Now, most of the girls in my class was crying, me to. After a long goodbye cermony with hugs and tears, it was time to go home. It was the hardest thing to do that day. It was now it really was happening. I would never come back to this school again, and it scared me.

Now, a little less than a year later I can still remember that event as if it were yesterday. Me and my class had a special bond with each other. Everyone was so close to each other. You never needed to feel worried about going to school, because you knew how fun it would be and that you were going to walk home with a smile on your lips. Grades 6 to 9, were the four best years of my life.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

This narrative works really well! The reasons for that are all the little details and the emotions that you bring into the story. You make the story come alive.

Just check a couple of things like: People were already there..everyone was standing..our teacher gave a speech..I didn't really know..they didn't talk..this class has been going..most of the girls were crying..