Someone Else's Baby Sunday, November 30, 2008

Now I have read chapter 4-7 and it were also interesting!

- it wass all my fault and they'd probably get divorced. (skilja sig)
- "You might as well concentrate on being a Satisfactory employee". (tillfredsställande) (anställd)
- lunch-time everybody comes crowding round. (tränga ut)
- becauce social workers are not into criticizing. (kritisk)
- Mum and Dad used to live in naval quarters. (flottbas/vid sjön)
- "You can wear a shirt if you haven't got a smock. (skyddsrock)
- ans giving me these encouraging. (uppmntrande)
- she wants to say something crucial. (mycket viktigt)
- the flowers written in the pattern too and a green candlewick. (mönster)
- she got these prospectuses. (broschyr/prospekt)
- Dad totally berserked. (vild/galen)
- First it's the nurse weighing me and taking my specimen. (bedöma) (prov)
- and says she's got to make further enquiries. (längre fram/mer) (undersöka)
- work out the best thing under the circumstances. (omständighet)
- who says he's got this very busy schedule. (tidsplan)

"You said you wouldn't want to come home if I kept it."
"I didn't say that.""You did, Billy, you did. So it's your fault if I don't keep my baby. My voice is all pecuilar andhigh because could be Dad is telling lies. A pause.
"I don't see that..." Billy says and Dad takes the phone like I don't exist."
"Billy? It's the way he says it fills my eyes with tears.


I choosed this sentence because I fully understand her feelings and I understand that it's a hard situation to have a brother who doesn't like her pregnancy. Because of that she is uncertain about herself and she always thinking about the baby, if she will keep it och have it adopt.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

You're ahead in your reading. That's good! :)

You have found the correct translations for the words and I think you have chosen an interesting quote as well.

Just check the following:

"..chapter 4-7 and it was interesting (om du pratar om själva läsningen) OR: "..chapter 4-7 and they were interesting (om du pratar om kapitlen).


I chose = jag valde

..she is always thinking about OR she always thinks about

..have it adopted (adoptera bort det)