Locked in Time Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm reading the book "Locked in Time" and here are some words I picked out that I thought might be useful to know:

I don't have many talents, but one that I do posses is an acute awaraness of time. (skarp)


Now, though, cinching in the belt and swaying my hips a little to cause the soft material to swirl away from my legs, I felt pleased with my mental picture of how I must look. (dra åt)

There was strident edge to Lisette's voice.
(skärande, genomträngande)

"Well, that's stupid," Josie shot back belligerently. (stridslysten, aggressiv)

The peace and seclusion at Shadow Grove might be appealing to adults, but for a youngster Josie's age, it meant being cut off from any chance for a normal social life. (avstängande, isolering)

"Not me!" I said vehemently, not certain whether or not he was joking. (häftigt, våldsamt, lidelsefullt)

I chided myself. (banna, skälla på)

With difficulty, I kept from wincing. (rycka till, grimasera)

Turning abruptly, she glanced into her shopping cart with an expression of chagrin. (förargad, irriterad)

The quote I chose was:
"Watching the silent interplay between mother and children, I experienced once again the feeling that I was missing out on something. It was as though these three family members had known each other so long and so intimately that they no longer found it necessary to communicate with words."

They seem to share a very strange past together and they have a strange way of communicating with ecah other, just like she, Nore, says that they don't even find it necessary to speak with each other. It's like just looking at each other, they know what they are saying without using any words at all.
I think they definitely share some sort of a secret that no one can know about.
Why I chose this particular quote was because that's when I started to suspect the hole Bergé-family. I knew something was wrong from then.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Yeah. That's a good observation that this family share a secret.

"chagrin" is actually a French word used in English. In French it means sadness or grief, but in English more disappointment(besvikelse).