Barack Obama's victory speech Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I think that the main message of Obamas speech is that he wants to make a change in his country, he wants to make everything much better than it is, with the help of his people of course. He thinks that nothing is impossible and that they all can make everything so much better if they just work as one, for the same cause, to make America a better place to live in.


To convey his message about what I wrote above he spoke about a 106 year old woman who has lived through many generations and is still alive. She has seen America go from not having any cars in traffic, to being the country I think is the most succesful in the world. She has been there and seen it all. And so that is why he thinks that nothing is impossible, and that's why he also thinks that his people together can achieve even more, can make more changes, and improve the country so much more.


I have already written the references that he makes in the past, about how things were a hundred years ago, how we have went from women not being allowed to vote, to how we are today, when everybody is allowed to speak out and say their own oppinions, and also vote of course. Now, it does not matter what color you have on your skin, or if you are a man or a woman, you can change just as much as the other part anyway.That is proven as Obama became the first black president of the United States. It proves that America is headed the right way, and it is improving in so many ways. Colored people, if I can call them that, did not get along with white people at all before, since the majority of the black people in the US where slaves not that long ago, but now, they even choose a black man to be their president. That, I call a big improvement. And when it comes to the future, he asks what it is that we want our children to se when they get old, what progress we think that we have made until then. He can't do anything other then wonder when it comes to that. But it's not an easy way to go.

"And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn – I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too." I think that it is very good of him to talk to those who didn't support him in the election aswell, even though they didn't want him as a president. He says that he hears what they have to say too, and that he will listen to them, cause they are also a part of the American people. Thats a great thing of him to do.
"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term, but America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there." This part really touches me. Cause he is really honest with what he thinks, and honest about how he thinks the road to a better America will be. He knows that it wont be easy, and does not say that he will make it, but that they as a people will. He's just great.

My question to you is, do you think that Obama will make an improvement in America? Why/why not?

2 comments

Emma said...

To answer your question: I definitely believe that he will make a difference. America will be a better country from now on. Obama is a very good person and i truly believe that he wants what´s best for America. It`s not like America could be any worse. =P but i definitely think that the country will make improvements when he becomes the president of USA.

~Emma.

Åsa said...

This is a really well-worded and coherent post! I also liked the reference to the 106-year-old woman. She's such a good image of America's history and the civil rights movement.
I also want to believe, and I am positive, that Obama will make a change. People's sense of hope and optimism despite the war and the financial crisis is such a powerful force.