I am reading "Someone else's baby" and I think that this book is very interesting. When I am reading it I can feel her imotions and I feel sorry for her. I always like this kind of books, I think that it is important to see peoples problem and to learn how to solve difficult problems like this. Thats why I really like to read books.

My word list:

-"Her eyes would shine like stars and we'd gaze at the spot where her finger pointed".(Stirra)

-"I seem to remember you promised to take them for a run on the common every morning?"(Vanlig, allmän, enkel)


-"You're off on holiday in a fortnight, aren't you?"(fjorton dagar)

-" they both look at me for a moment and Fran has this sprout halfway to her mouth" (grodd, groddar, bön grodd)

-Anyway I get home that night and I'm still feeling fluttery inside on and off. (smicker)

-"Good grief" he says and I just sit there smiling like yhe Virgin Mary with this fluttering going on inside me. (sorg, bedrövelse) (fladdra)

- He smiles nicely so there's little fans of lines at the edges of his eyes. (sprids) (rand)

-" My god, it's the middle of May" she whispers and there's hard bits in her arms now like you see steel springs sticking out of comfy old sofas. (fjädring) (sticka) (Hittar inte ordet).

-"I'm pregnant," I sob, and she shudders as if somebody'd poured glass of coul water down her back. (snyft) (skaka) (person som häller)

-"This is the 1990s and single parenthood is quite a commonplace,"(förälder by) (alldaglig)

-"Sometimes even the preferred optinon for an independent gril. (föredra) (val) (självständig)

-Perhaps you'd like to make an appointment for the ante-natal clinic as you go out. (förordnade)

-Mum's eyes are riveted by the girls at the next table. ( nit)

-Anyway the baby is yelling quite franic and everybody's looking. (desperat)

- Phoebe takes a feeding bottle out of her jacket and goes round all the tables pouring dregs of milk left in the jugs. (skvätt, droppe) (behållare)

-Then she yanks the buggy flat. (vaggar) (barnvagnen)

-Goldie's quite ecstatic when we get home. (extatisk)

-Suddenly I see this bloke in the bushes and what he's doing. (kille, karl)

-And if Mum stood up to Dad once in a while I wouldn't be so fuming mad. (vara rasande).

" Do you really like me? I can never stop myself to asking stupid questions. "Why do you like me?" Jim swoops lika a bird and kisses me. "Sorry"he mutters. I shouldn't have done that."
"Why not?" I say and my heart is racing.

This part showhowbad selfconfidence she have.
She asks this questions because she want to be confirm off him I think. It is not easy to going through this things when you don't have someone to talk to serious. She is very uncertain in her self because her mother and father they affect her and they want to do the choice in her place.


















1 comments:

Åsa said...

Good! Just a couple of comments:

Emotions with an "e".

"The common" in this case is a little field of grass where the dogs can run around. In other contexts the word common means "vanlig, enkel" like you said.

Flattery = smicker. To flatter someone = att smickra någon
Flutter = fladdra

"Comfy" is short for "comfortable" = bekväm.

Make an appointment = beställa tid (at the doctor's for example).