Locked in time Friday, November 28, 2008

My word list

Clear, blue eyes squinted half closed against the sun.(kisa)

The jovial note in his voice was so att odds with my own emotions that I couldn´t begin….(gladlynt)

“I´ll try” I said reluctantly.(motvilligt)

We continued to drive for another half hour or so, making sporadic attempts at casual conversation.(tillfäligt, som förekommer då och då)

My eyes snapped open, and I glanced in bewilderment from one side of….

This is lisette, I tought incredulously. ( ??)

The staircase itself was built of Louisiana cypress, my father informed me, sounding as proud of the fact as if he had hewn the tree himself, and the banister was of a rich, dark mahogany of such fine grain… (hugga) (ledstång)

After the pressures of the day, clammy heat was affecting me like a sedative. ( lugnande medel)

Cloud wisps blew through my groggy mind like whirlig shreds of cotton, and a canopy of oak leaves closed above me. (takhimmel, valv)

When I awoke, the air had grown somewhat cooler and the room was soft with the gentle hues of twilight. (färgton) ( halv
Mörkt)
Getting up from the bed, I placed the framed photograph carefully on the bureau top and went across the bath room…..(byrå)

Now, though, cinching in the belt and swaying my hips a little to cause the soft material to swirl out away from my legs, ….(??)


Glowering, josie turned on her heel and stalked out of the room.(blängande)

“You and I had a whirlwind courtship”, Lisette reminded him.(??)

My heart gave an odd little jump as I gazed across at Gabe.(stirrade)


“ The shocking word that flashed through my mind has death”

When I read that I knew that this book could only get better. It stars to make you think a lot of thing like, the stepmother maybe evil and will try to kill nore or something like that.. And later in the book you find out that they have a secret and that makes you want to read more.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Yeah. You get a creepy feeling from quotes like the one you picked quite early in the book. However, to get the full picture of what's going on you have to keep reading :)

Incredulously means sceptically. If you are sceptical about something you don't quite believe it.

A whirlwind courtship means that they have had a quick fling. They had been interested in each other in a romantic way.

"Cinching in the belt" means to tighten/pull on the belt.