I'm reading Someone Else's Baby and I think it's a interesting book and I want to read more and more.

My word list:

- "Teresa must learn not to procrastinate." (skjuta upp)

- "Would you like an egg this morning?" she says all brisk. (livlig)

- "I've got this plastic bottle of specimen all ready." (exemplar)

- "I didn't get the sack." (sparken)

- Besides I'm scared shitless I'll giggle. (fnittra)

- Mum says jerikly and I'm astonished. (häpen/förvånad)

- "I don't deal in hypotheticals." (hypotetisk)

- Dr Robinson says and I'm totally chuffed. (förnöjd)

- I bought these groovy red earrings which unclip and do as bangles too. (armring)

- Anyway the baby is yelling quite frantic and everybody's looking. (tjut) (förfärlig)

- they jump back all bristling and the woman grabs it. (hängiven) (grepp)
- "It's disgraceful". (skandalös)

- my mouth has sort of seized up. (hugga/gripa)

- is good as an announcement. (meddelande/anmälan)

- Hallo lady of leisure. (ledighet)

- Boys their age are entitled to a home. (benämna)

- and the thing inside is quiet and maybe it's frightened. (förskräckt)

- Then we snog some more. (kela/krama)

- dogs and it's lying on its vack and shrieking. (tjut)

- But suddenly they start yelping. (skall)

- Mum's eyes are riveted by the girls. (fästa)

- and goes round all the tables pouring. (hälla upp)

- she says is very concealing. (dölja/gömma)

- I'm astonished. (överraskad)

- cool and dry and sort of scrapy like a fluttering mouth. (bråka) (nervös)

"I'm pregnant," I say and I stick out my tummy which I've been holding in all day. Holding in ever since February. "Christ," Jim says and cracks his fingers which I can't stand.
"Are you going to keep it or what?"
"It's my baby"

This text told me that it can be hard to do some choice like she have to do as soon as possible. She have to choice if she want to keep the baby or if she want to have an abortion. It would be very hard for her.

"Why on earth didn't you tell me?"
"I didn't want to upset you," I say.
"Upset me?" Her voice was right up. "Upset me?"

This text shows that the mum had been worried about her daughter and angry because she haven't told her mum that she's pregnant.

2 comments

Åsa said...

Good! You have looked up important words and also picked two dramatic quotes from the book.

Åsa said...

Just a couple of comments:

The boys are "entitled to" means that they have the right to have a home (att vara berättigad till).

My mouth seized up means that her mouth was sort of stuck in one position. I am not sure what that would look like, but if you get the cramps or something your mouth kind of seizes up.