SOMEONE ELSE’S BABY


May wordlist:

1.I ought to have told you, “I sob. “It was stupid not to”.


2.My God ,it’s the middle of May”, she whispers and there’ hard bits in her arms now like you see steel springs (sticking) out of comfy old sofa.
Extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary


3.“What?” says Dad and he really (berserks) then.
Were Norse warriors who were commonly understood to have fought in an uncontrollable rage or trance of fury; the berserker gang.


4.“Spoiling her rotten, giving I to her all the time, you see what it comes to?”’
Gang, band, group of people who associate for social or criminal purposes; group of people who work together; squad, unit, small group


5.“It was that party,” Mum says. “That night you (fetched) her.”


6.“Whose fault was that?” I say and I, m crying now but “I, m (steaming) livid too.
"Steaming cooking" redirects here.


7.Like he’s been (sulking) now for nine years.
A mood or display of sullen aloofness or withdrawal; "stayed home in a sulk"


8.I can just make out my signed (piccie) of Mark.
(“Tart) “And “whore”. It’s as if he wants me to hate myself.
, A tart is a pastry dish, usually sweet, that is a type of pie with an open top that is not covered with pastry. The Tarte Tatin is a particular kind of "upside-down" tart, of apples, other fruit, or onions.
9.“You (rampant) little devil, you, “Dad said all admiring.” Yes”, I say, “but I’m skint.”
Rising with fore paws in the air as if attacking; -- said of a beast of prey, especially a lion. The right for leg and right hind leg should be raised higher than the left.


10.(Raving) might be the best thing for Terry.
A rave (or rave party) is the term in use since the 1980s for an all-night dance event where DJs and other performers play electronic dance music


11. We (snog) for a bit and then we talk for a bit and Jim tells me about his sister.
This article is about a band. Snog also means in British slang, to tongue kiss.



“We could if you wanted?” Jim whispers. 2 mean you don’t have worry about getting pregnant, do you?”
“I don’t want to, “ I say and sit up.
“What do you want?” says Jim and his eyes glint all mean and the moon is smaller now. “The others’ve been getting it all week. Isn’t as if you were a virgin or nothing.”
“What about Aids?” I say.
“But I swear I never ever done it,” Jim whispers looking over his shoulder. “So how you going to get Aids?”
I, m going home, “ I say and get up.
“Please don’t Terry,” Jim says and his voice breaks.
Sorry, I say and he sits there throwing stones in the sea and I walk back. Why shouldn’t I do what I want?

What she did it was very brave that she takes hers responsibility of hers decision.
She is just sixteen but she did a big mistake and she learned from hers mistake.
She just sixteen but she did a big thing that she never ever forgot because it’s not easy to get pregnant when she don’t ready for the thing and it’s too early, and she can’t believe if he had Aids or not because every times when she ask him and hi was hesitated. Every boys are dogs because the first think they thinking about is just to enjoying themselves, they believe that women are animal. I mean they are just after to sleep a couple ours with women and then they don’t know the women and good bay may lady”.
After all this is the women’s responsibility to take care about them.
I think Jim was just after to sleep with Terry, he don’t care about anything, he don’t thinking what can to happened after, but Terry did. I ‘m so happy for her and I hope that every women or teenager to think before they do what they want then to take the chance to change theirs dream or whatever.

I liked the first page of the bok.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

It's a good idea to explain the words in English, I think. You also made a powerful statement about the guy not having to face the same consequences as the girl has to do in this story.

A few comments:

"I ought to have told you" means that I should have told you. "To sob" means that you are almost crying.

Thanks for explaining where the word berserk comes from. It's a really old word that has to do with warriors fighting like crazy! Interesting!

"To spoil someone rotten" means that you spoil someone too much. That is you do everything for a person so that he/she doesn't have to do it herself/himself and that makes the person lazy and dependent on other people.

To fetch someone means to come and pick someone up at school or after a party for example.

The word "tart" means two things: First it's a type of pastry, a sweet pie that you can eat, like you wrote.
In British English the word "tart" is also a slang word for a prostitute, "a hooker" in American English. The girl's dad calls her a tart meaning that she slept with this guy and she is therefore a tart in her dad's eyes.

"To be skint" means that you are broke = you have no money.

Please check:
her responsibility, her decision... her mistake..she is not ready..when she asks...she made a mistake...he doesn't care...he doesn't think about..