Freedom writers Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"How does it feel to be sending an innocent person to prison? You probably feel like that man that sent your father to prson knowing he was innocent, you know, he was only protecting his own, too."And for the first time in my life, the image of my mother made me believe that i could change the way things were.

I think she is very brave, she told the truth infront of the jury despite that she went against her own family and firends. She knew she had to do the right thing because her father was in a similar incident, and he went to prison being inocent. She grew up in a society where they learn that you can´t go against your own people and blood. And nobody doubted it. So telling the jury that her boyfriend was guilty you can see she isn´t like everyone else, she has a mind of her own.


It´s so hard for me to change because i fear that people will not like the sober me. I´ve been doing it for so long...

I feel soory for her because she obviously has self-confidence issues, she does´t want people to see who she really is, she is afraid they won´t like her and because of that she started to drink. I think she wants to stop becuase first step to stop drinking is to admit you are an alcoholic. Maybe when she was little she had low confidence and later as a teenager she developt a drinking habit to ease the pain she was feeling.



I will never steal anything else or do anything stupid like that ever again. Not only did i couse my parents pain, but i also threw my own pride and good judgment trying to be someone i´m not.

I think she learned a valuable lesson not to be someone you´r not and trying to impress others. People sometimes get in to truble because they do as their friends.

0 comments