The Freedom Writers Diary Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I found this three parts of the text most interesting;

"How does it feel to be sending an innocent person to prison? You probably feel like that man that sent your father to prison knowing he was innocent, you know, he was only protecting his own, too."And for the first time in my life, the image of my mother made me believe that i could change the way things were."

I chose this part of the text because I think that she acted very mature in this situation. Although she grew up and learned that you should protect your own flesh and blood no matter what. I think she is acting right. When she saw the mother and daughter, who reminded her of her self and her own mother, she started to think diffrently. She had been in the same situation herself, she knew exactly how they felt. The words her mother once have told her starting to make a difference in her mind, is it right to send a innocent person into prison? Once, her own father were sent into prison even though he was innocent. But why? He was sending to prison because of someone who didn't dare to tell the truth just to protect his own.

"It's so hard for me to change because I fear that people will not like the sober me."

I think this girl in some way feel bad about herself and her surroundings. She is very unsure of herself, unhappy and she feels excluded. She drinks alcohol because she's afraid of showing the real her, she is afraid of not being accepted for the one she really is and want to be. I think it's rather sad to resort alcohol to feel better and to be able to open up yourself. We all have high expectations of the way we look and our personality. I think it has gone over the limit. Why should you have to pretend to be some else to become accepted and popular? Why can't you be exactly the way you are?

"I kept asking myself, "Why am I so stupid that I stooped this low to impress my so-called friends? They're not even here with me to help me out of this mess. My parents will probably never forgive me, or ever trust me ever again."

More or less, this has always been a bad habit. You do things that you don't really want to just to impress your "friends". If you want to get higher status and belong to the toughest guys in school, you do this stupid things to get all of theirs attention. Sometimes your not even think about the consequences before doing something stupid.

0 comments