A teenage love story.

This story can be interpreted in many diffrent ways. You could try to see it through her parents eyes, and the maybe try to understand how they were thinking. How could they let their 12 year old daughter make suck a big decision on her own? It´squite hard to imagine that they thought that this was best for Sarah. You could also try to se it through Sarah and Musa´s eyes. Or maybe get a glimps of how the people around them reacted. It´s a hard thing to do.

I think that the reason for the way her parents acted was that they thought that they did what was best for Sarah. But personaly, I don´t belive it was. I can´t understand how you can let your daughter leave home at the age of 12. And it´s not just that she moved out. She left the country to go and live as a muslim wife in Turkey. How can you let your daughter get married when she´s not eaven a teenager? I understand that they wanted to be supportive, but there is only so much responsibility you can put on a child.

I belive that Sarah was "inlove". Or maybe she thought that she was. ´cause how can a 12 year old girl know anything about love? Maybe she got overwhelmed when she found someone who thought she was beautiful. Maybe she fooled herself into beliving she loved him just because it seemed to good to be true. I don´t belive that Musa married her because sha was british. Because they lived in Turkey after the marridge. And from what I´ve heard they weren´t about to move. So I think his intentions were honorable.

Other people thought that Sarah´s parents were insain. But it´s understandable. I think it´s hard to understand the circumstances if your not a part of the family. It´s easy to judge when it doesn´t concearn you.

I think it´s wrong that Sarah´s parents is still providing for their daughter. It´s good that they are supportive of her and her two boys, but they shouldn´t be taking care of both them and her. If Sarah was irresponsible enough to get pregnant twice, then she should suffer the consequences. Maybe I can understand the first pregnancy. Since it´s kind of normal in muslim countrys. But I do think that it was irresponsible of her to get pregnant again. And it wasn´t so long after her first son. So I think that her parents are to easy on her. But who knows. Maybe they feel responsible for their daughters faild marridge. After all, they were the one who had the power to prevent it from happening. Sarah was only a litte girl and she did what she thought was right. But that doesn´t necessarily mean that it was.

~Emma*

0 comments