Questions for Freedom Writers Monday, June 1, 2009

I would start to say that the movie Freedom Writers was really, really good! I liked it because I have never seen a movie like that before.

1. I especially remember a scene in the movie when the teacher started a new project in the class which was to write your own diary. She really wanted to help her students feel happy and secure. I think that the teacher wasn't prepared for all students to take it so seriously. She gave them each block with blank papers and told them to write whatever is on their mind, whatever they were thinking about. The teacher told the class that if they wanted her to read their diary they could leave it on her desk, but they didn't have to if they didn't want to. When she opened her desk the next day she saw their diaries. She was really surprised. Instantly she started to read diary after diary. She noticed that all of the students lived very hard lifes and they just have negative things to write about. I can honestly say that I got Goosebumps when I saw that scene because it was painful to see how some young people can feel. I noticed that the students had just shown their tough side but when they wrote the diary they felt like they didn't have to do that anymore. For the first time they showed that they had a weak and sensitive side. They had so much faith in their teacher that they finally told their story. I really think that the teacher was wounderful and one of a kind. She cared about her student so much.

2. I think it was a really big difference between the diary I read and the movie I saw. In the movie they didn't show all the things and feelings like they desribe in the diary. But I still like the movie more than the diary because the movie was really interesting and exciting and it was high tension through the whole movie whichI liked much.

3. I think that the message of the movie Freedom Writers was to show young people how it can be to live hard lifes without no one who cares about you and see if you feel good. The movie wants to show how hard it could be to live in a dangerous area there you can't be safe because suddenly you can ending up in a dangerous sitation alone. In the movie they showed how it could be in school for some young people who didn't care about anything except troubles. At the end I think the movie was well done and I would obviously see it again!

/Nadja

0 comments