Posted by Gjejlan Monday, June 1, 2009

Freedom Writers

1) Describe a scene in the movie that you remember well. Explain.

- One of the scenes that i really remember is the one where the teacher is reading out loud what all of the students had written earlier, and I was amazed by how they wrote all of it. The way they described everything they went through, their feelings, the difficulties, the heartache and sorrow. i couldn't believe half of what they had been through, beeing so young and all, but it still helped me connect and relate to some of the diaries. The diaries really opened my mind about being strong and never losing faith and to countinue fighting, which the students really did. This scene touched me so much and even made me release a few tears.

- Another scene that I also remembered was the one where it showed all of the students in different places, reading Anne Franks journal. I was surprised that there were so many people that were interested in the book, that so many people wanted to read it, when they were all teenagers who hated school. I was surprised by seeing them behave so good, and wanting to read. And I was really happy, cause we got to se the good side of all these students, thats when the movie became interesting to me.

2) Compare your reading experience to your viewing experience.

- I want to start this by saying that it was both fun and interesting reading the diarys and seeing the movie. Reading the diarys was fun, but sometimes I felt that it was a bit too much to read. But watching the movie was more interesting to me, mostly cause it wasn't as boring as the diary could be sometimes, but also cause I got a better picture on what really happened, which I didn't get when I read the diarys, and that makes it boring to countinue to read.

3) Discuss the message of this story/movie.

- I think that the message of this movie is that they want to show people that there are alot of people that have problems at home, in school and everywhere else, and that it is not only for example black people, but everybody. That you shouldn't hate eachother for you background, and that you should respect others just like you want to get respect. That there is something good in everybody, and that you shouldn't look down on yourself and think that you don't know a thing, which the pupils did. Cause when they realised that they have something good in themselves too, then they started fighting. And everybody who feels the same way they did can do the same thing. Thats what I think the message of this movie was.

0 comments