Freedom Writers Monday, June 1, 2009

1) The scene that I picked was when Ms. Gruwell read the diaries where the students told her about how they grew up and how it has been a struggle for them to survive in the cruel society that they lived in since they were kids. It was so sad to hear what they've been through and it actually made me cry but I tried as hard as I could to hold back the tears. It was very, very emotional for me because I could understand some of the situtations the students were in. It's just a scene that you will absolutely never forget.

2) The difference between reading the book and watching the movie is that in the book, when you read, you see pictures in your mind of how things and people might look like. And when you watch the movie, some things are exactly like you pictured it in your head while some things, ofcourse, aren't. When you read the book, the feelings that the students describe are stronger and you can actually feel them yourself. It's as if you really are that person for the moment. And in the movie it's like that too except that when you watch, everything happens so fast but in the book, since you're reading it's a slower process and you get a chance to just take everything in and you feel it more than in the movie.

3) I thought that the movie was great. It was very good and so emotional. You could just feel what they were going through and I think that one of the main messages in the movie was that no matter where you live, how you look like and etc, stay in school and get an education so that you can make something out of yourself, because knowledge is power and if you have a good education you can achive greatness.
The book was also great, but I think that the book was a lot darker and more sad than the movie. When you read the book, you kind of got depressed yourself just by reading what the students were going through. But besides that, it was a very good book. And I strongly recommend everyone to either read the book or watch the movie. Or do as I sometimes do, first read the book and then watch the movie.

0 comments