Posted by Potential Dreamer Monday, June 1, 2009

Questions on the freedom writers:

1. I remember when Eva told Mrs. G about her situation with the consequences of her actions in court. How she was forced to go and live with her aunt and how it would affect her school work. I felt that it was really touching and I saw Eva growing as a character when she confided in someone. Anyone really. In the beginning of the movie I would never have taught that she would have the courage and the strength to cheer her problems with anyone at all. I also think that it’s a moment were Eva and Mrs. G connect and bond and it’s a beautiful moment.

2. The biggest different between reading the book and watching the movie is that when I reed the book the characters came to life in my mind. But then when I saw the movie my thoughts and opinions changed completely but it doesn’t have to mean that it’s a bad thing. I saw some similarities and some scenes was exactly as I had imagined.

3. I loved the book and the movie. It was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time. I can’t really state a correct and fully explained opinion on the book since I have only reed parts of it. But the pieces that I’ve reed I have loved. It’s very dark but at the same time it gives you a feeling of hope. You learn to sympathize whit the kids and you come to love their characters. I will watch this movie many times again. It’s great.

0 comments