What's eating Gilbert Grape? Friday, October 24, 2008

That scene I special remember is when Gilbert hits Arnie and I thought it was horrible, because I don't think that you should hit a person who doesn't understand why (you should never hit somebody).

Gilbert had a very big responsibility in the family because, it was he that took care of Arnie of the most.
In my opinion you can share up all the days at how many persons who can take care of him so everyone can gets one free day at least.

He had got the chance to realized that he should think at what he wants to do with his life and not just think at anybody else.

Sometimes I think that it can be good to put somebody in front of yourself and sometimes not.

I understand why Gilbert thinks that he sometimes wants Arnie to live, but I also understand why he doesn't want it, because some days it feels better and some days it feels worse (Gilbert).

When Arnie is saying "I can go anytime" I get the opinion that he means that he can die anytime, because he actually would died when he was ten.

I think that the most important message is to help and take care of each other in the family.

After the end of the movie I think that Becky, Arnie and Gilbert still have a good relation, the other two girls in the family searching for a new house for them and I think they helping each other with Arnie.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

I really liked the idea of assigning different days for each family memeber to spend with Arnie. That way everyone can have a "breather" which is very much needed when you are taking care of a family member with special needs. The sisters and the mother kept telling Gilbert to take better care of Arnie when he got himself into trouble. I thought that was unfair since all Gilbert did was to watch Arnie.