What's Eating Gilbert Grape? Thursday, October 23, 2008

I will start to say that I like the movie because it have a meaning.
I think that the movie want to show us how it can be to have a mentally retarded brother.

I specially remember the scene when Gilbert left Arnie in the bathtub because he wanted to meet Becky. Last day when Gilbert went to the bathroom he found Arnie there, he was still in the bathtub. I think it were sad to see and I think Gilbert did a big mistake when he left Arnie.

Gilbert is like a father becuse he take care of his family and he care about Arnie. He do what he can to make a good family and give Arnie the love he need. I think that the family should have a homehelper who can take care of Arnie and the mother becauce she has a sickness which do that she can't run the household.

I don't think that Gilbert change after meeting Becky. He cares about Arnie the same as ever, but sometimes he left his family and meet Becky instead.

Gilbert Grape is a good person. He cares about his intimate and do his best to make them happy, but sometimes he cares too much. I think that he has to thinks about himself sometimes, so he also can feel happy. It is bad when people never take themselves first because they forget themselves and feel sad.

When Gilbert said: "Some days you want him to live and some days you don't" I think he mean that Arnie is a trying person because he never listen to him and obey when he tell him to stop. Despite all that Arnie do, Gilbert love his brother so much.

I think that Arnie wish that he was like other people and that he could take care of himself. I think he wants to make his mother proud of him.

The most important message in this movie are to show people how it can be to have a mentally retarded brother and a mother who can't take care of her children because her sickness.

I think that the characters will be lauded by the movieviewer because it were a good film which had a good meaning.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

Brave of you to start, Nadja! I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the movie :)