What's Eating Gilbert Grape? Friday, October 24, 2008

1) The scene that I remember well in the movie is when Gilbert hits Arnie in the bathroom. It felt horrible watching it because he was such an innocent boy even though he was about to turn 18.

2) I could understand that it got too much for Gilbert after a while but still, it was not the right thing to do.

3) Because he helps the family a lot. He has the responsibility for Arnie and it is tough for him.
I think everone in a family should help each other out a cooperate together as a family.

4) He stops seeing thWhatat woman who is married and moves on with his life. He is more warm as a person. Especially to Arnie and his family.

5) It's both good and bad to not put yourself first. Why is it bad? Well, because you forget about yourself. Everybody needs to take care of themselves and even spoil themselves sometimes.
Why is it good? Because you pay attention to others as well and you don't become an ego loving yourself more than others. It's not wrong to love yourself, in fact you have to, but even that has a limit.

6) I don't remember hearing him say that. It's my fault so I can't actually say what he means by that sentence.

7) What I think is the important message in this movie is to always love your family no matter who has a disease or illness because they will always be there for you no matter what happens and they will support you like nobody else.

8) I think Gilbert still lives in Endora after the movie ends. And their lives, will still go on just like before even though their mother is dead. Gilbert takes care of Arnie just like he always did and he still sees Becky every summer.

1 comments:

Åsa said...

I like your realistic take on things. I agree - you need to tend to yourself a bit to be able to help and care for others.