One tennis star and many student stars Wednesday, September 3, 2008


This is the tennis player I keep talking about. He won the gold medal in the Olympics and he has won quite a few major tennis tournaments this year, including Wimbledon.
His name is Rafael Nadal and he is from Mallorca, Spain. He is number 1 on the world tennis ranking right now and he is my absolute favorite! The reasons for that are that besides being "easy on the eye" (that means good-looking) he is a true fighter who never ever gives up! Even though he is having a bad day on court and everything seems to be going against him he keeps his focus and his spirits up. I am not sure how he does it but I admire him for that!

If you think about your studies the same way "Rafa" plays tennis you will all be stars like him - all in your own ways :)

Thanks for being polite and attentive students today. I will tell you it is great being a teacher when your students act like that. I hope you feel like posting a comment in here. Don't be shy! It's fun.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments

Anonymous said...

hallo Åsa!
i have read your story about your favorite player, and i think it is very good :)
thanks
inas

Emma said...

I have seen him play and he´s really good. But I think Roger Federer is really good to. I guess Nadal is like the one that takes over now. (Federer is getting quite old.) =)He is like a wind of fresh air.

~Emma*