Bang bang Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Today we listened to the song Bang Bang by Nancy Sinatra. Check her out singing the song on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xl0Qry-hA
I had spent some time cutting the lyrics into "pieces" and before we listened we tried to reconstruct the lyrics to the song. It's quite a fun exercise because it makes you think about language, story telling and song writing all at the same time. You all figured out different clues. The rhymes, the chorus, the storyline and the chronology of the lyrics could help you make sense of the mess I made.. Well done!
Tomorrow I will give you the final part (4) of the grammar and we will also set up a date for the grammar test. Then I will be off to Madrid, Spain, for a few days to watch my favorite "Rafa" play tennis. It will be awesome. I can't wait! I will be back for your next English class though - no worries.

0 comments